Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
SPECIALIZED HABILITATION (SH):
SUPPORTED COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS (SCC)
Supported Community Connections (SCC) services is designed to provide and facilitate opportunities for participants to interact with community members, build relationships and/or natural supports, promote safety and independence, and work on personal goals. Divine Royal Care supports participants to access their community competently, confidently, and safely within the SCC program. Participants are encouraged to share their preferred activities and locations so that staff can build a calendar of activities that are meaningful and reflective of personal goals and interests.
Divine Royal Care’s SCC program exposes participants to a variety of cultural, social, recreational, volunteer, and employment opportunities available to them in their community. New activities and ideas are developed and integrated as opportunities change. Some examples of these activities include:
• Exploring community parks and community tours (e.g., Celestial Seasonings, Coors, US Mint, etc.).
• Visits to/volunteering at animal shelters.
• Physical activities at community gyms and recreation centers.
• Outdoor games (e.g., sports games, treasure hunts, frisbee, etc.).
• Botanical Gardens, Denver Zoo, hiking.
• Walking the city and interacting with community members.
• Volunteering (e.g., Food Bank, ARC, McDonald’s House, Community Gardens, etc.).
• Visiting state and local parks and attending cultural events.
• Swimming, miniature golf, driving range, bowling, etc.
Divine Royal Care provides Supported Employment services that foster integration into the community and that promotes independence and productivity for individuals interested in meaningful paid employment. Supported Employment (SE) services are designed to assist participants to acquire or maintain paid competitive employment in the community. Paid competitive employment consists of work compensated at or above the minimum wage. Divine Royal Care ensures that each participant receiving SE services is assisted to explore and pursue employment goals identified in their Service Plan. Planning takes into account the participant’s specific interests, needs, wishes, strengths, abilities and accommodations.
Divine Royal Care provides SE services to participants through job development, job placement and job maintenance support. SE services are provided to participants in community settings, which includes, but is not limited to the following program responsibilities:
• Assistance with completing job applications, forms, and requirements.
• Education regarding job rules, regulations, and policies.
• Support to learn and complete assigned job tasks.
• Assistance to resolve work related issues and conflicts.
• Maintain confidentiality of business (employer) processes, policies, and practices.
• Provide education and training to company employees.
• Assistance in coordinating work schedules.
• Assistance with travel training and travel coordination.
• Ensure training and development of SE staff.
COMMUNITY CONNECTOR (CC)
Community Connector (CC) services provide participants with opportunities to build relationships or natural supports in their community, interact with community members, promote safety and independence, and work on personal goals. CC is provided to participants 17 years of age and younger at a 1:1 staff to participant ratio. Divine Royal Care utilizes typical community settings as a learning environment to address needs, interests, and goals identified in each participant’s Service Plan.
Divine Royal Care’s CC program encourages abilities and skills necessary to enable individuals to access typical activities and functions of community life competently, confidently, and safely. The overall goal of the CC program is to provide participants with support to access their community with the intention of doing so more independently in the future.
HOMEMAKER (BASIC & ENHANCED)
Homemaker services support participants who require assistance in managing basic household tasks necessary to live as independently as possible. Divine Royal Care will perform basic household tasks within the participant’s primary residence to allow the person to maintain a healthy, safe, and clean-living environment.
Homemaker Basic services may involve completing the home task for the participant or providing cueing to prompt the person to complete a home task. Homemaker Enhanced services offer the same household tasks with the addition of either habilitation or extraordinary cleaning by a qualified homemaker. Habilitation involves developing step-by-step instructions and learning strategies designed to assist the person to develop the needed skills to maintain a safe, healthy, and clean home environment. Below is a list of household tasks offered through homemaker services:
• Cleaning/Changing Linens
• Folding/Ironing/Organizing Clothes
• Dusting Furniture/Shelves/Surfaces
• Vacuuming Carpets/Throws/Rugs
• Washing/Mopping/Cleaning Floors
• General Bathroom Cleaning
• General Kitchen Cleaning
• Cleaning Windows (Indoors)
• Trash Removal
• Sorting and Organizing
• General maintenance
Divine Royal Care will work with each participant to determine the level of support, tasks, training, or area(s) requiring cleaning and/or deep cleaning.
Mentorship services are designed to support individuals to develop self-advocacy skills, make informed decisions, become more knowledgeable, and build independence. Service delivery may include providing exposure to community environments and experiences, interviewing potential providers or generic support professionals, and assistance with participation on private/public boards, advisory groups, or commissions. Divine Royal Care will also use teaching methods such as direct instruction, modeling, advising, and opportunities to access a variety of experiences. Participants design and determine their goals and objectives with support from Divine Royal Care and are assisted to help utilize Mentorship services effectively and efficiently.
• Ambulation/Transferring Support
• Bathing/Washing • Dressing
• Eating/Feeding • Grooming
• Bowel/Bladder Care • Personal Hygiene
• Skin Care • Medication Assistance
• Medical Appointment/Scheduling Assistance • Money Management
• Menu Planning • Grocery Shopping
Respite services are provided on a short-term basis with the goal of allowing caregivers and family members to take much needed breaks. Support may include verbal cueing, modeling, and hands-on support to assist the participant with activities of daily living. Divine Royal Care will support participants to maintain their safety, health, and welfare while providing their primary caregivers with an opportunity for short-term relief from their daily duties. Divine Royal Care understands that many families need qualified and caring Respite providers who know the needs of their loved one and who are available when needed.